Fisher TW-6 Pipe & Cable Locator
The Model TW-6 “Two-Box” metal detector finds underground pipes, cables, manhole covers, vaults, valve boxes and other metallic objects.
The TW-6 is used primarily by water departments, telephone companies, power companies, gas companies and petroleum pipeline companies when making repairs and rearranging lines. The TW-6 shows where to dig, as well as where NOT to dig.
To increase the instrument’s sensitivity, Fisher engineers removed all unnecessary metallic parts on the TW-6, replacing them with durable ABS molded plastic. Coil windings are designed with completely upgraded electronics and nonmetallic parts have boosted the tracing distance of the TW-6.
In the Fisher tradition, the TW-6 is affordable, tough, and simple to use while providing maximum performance. A two year limited warranty comes standard with the unit.
- Features & Benefits:
- Crystal controlled frequency in both transmitter and receiver increases tracing distance
- Unlike other units that use a separate transmitter and receiver, the TW-6 when mounted on the handle, can conduct “blind” searches of an area to locate an underground pipe or cable when the starting point is unknown.
- VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) gives a wider range of audio signal to indicate the presence of metal. Even after the meter pegs, the audio signal goes much higher in pitch and volume.
- Noise cancelling circuitry eliminates power line interference.
- Powered by 16 standard AA (penlight) batteries: eight in the transmitter and eight in the receiver.
- Weighs only 5 1/2 pounds.